Not only does ceiling fans intensify purpose and decor to your room, but also help in lessening energy bill by flowing air all through the rooms in your space. Nevertheless, selecting the type of a ceiling fan depends on a number of factors:-
- The place in which the ceiling fan is going to be installed. Some ceiling fans are designed for either outdoor or indoor services or both.
- The space available. Certain room require a significant ceiling fan. A room might be extra large such that it calls for a certain fan
- The amount of power available. Not all ceiling fans are designed to assimilate the same amount of power. Each ceiling fan motor is designed somehow different
Below are the different types of the most common ceiling fans available today in the market:-
Standard ceiling fans are the kind that you find in the majority of places. They are flexible and come in different of design and styles that can go hand in hand with any decor. Usually, these fans consist five blades.
- These types of ceiling fans are created in the way that a light bulb can be fixed onto it.
- They best fit any room, whether large or smaller.
- They greatly upgrade the room decor
Low Profile Ceiling Fans
These ceiling fans are also known as hugger fans or flush mount ceiling fans. They are the best type of ceiling fans for those rooms whose height is less than 8 feets. They are designed with a mounting bracket onto which the ceiling fan is fixed. Due to this, you find that the blades of the fan are almost too close to the ceiling.
- The most obvious benefit of this type of ceiling fans is that they don't require downrods or fixtures to fix it on the ceiling.
- These fans just as the name advocates, are not appropriate for rooms taller than 8 feets.
Energy Star Ceiling Fans
Energy Star-rated ceiling fans come in both the standard and the low profile options like just like other type of ceiling fans.
- These fans are designed with highly efficient motors and strong blades that are aerodynamic and consume less energy.
- Are convenient for both high and low room height
- In some cases, these ceiling fans can be designed to be controlled by the use of a remote
Dual Motor Ceiling Fans
Dual motor ceiling fans are just the exact of what the name advocates. The ceiling fan is designed with two motors. This type of ceiling fan have a central motor enclosed and attached against two horizontal rods. Each rod has its an adjustable fan head. These type fans are usually used in public settings because of their ability to flow air over a larger area than the normal standard ceiling fan.
These type of ceiling fans enables you to set each one at its own velocity, and they are normally more attractive and decorative than single-motor ceiling fans.
Due to the fact that the ceiling fan is run by two motors, its no doubt that it really consumes a lot of energy.
Remote-Controlled Ceiling Fans
Just as the name advocates, these type of ceiling fans are controlled by the use a remote.
There are three main control types available for ceiling fans:-
Handheld Remote: With a handheld remote, you can control a ceiling fan from any position within the bounds of the remote control's range.
Wall Control: the ceiling fan remote is located the wall. To control the fan, you'll have to operate the remote on the wall.
Handheld/Wall Combo: Combine the convenience of both wall and handheld controls.
- Highly convenient especially for short personnel
- The destruction on the remote calls for man power control on the ceiling.
Damp and Wet Ceiling Fans
This type of ceiling fans serve the best for outdoor services. Damp ceiling fans are designed with motors that stand against destructions caused by moisture and humidity. Its blades are all weather. They are highly resistant to warping. Damp ceiling fans are worthwhile for rooms or outdoor sources that do not experience unswerving condensation but do receive an average amount of humidity.
Moreover, damp fans can also be fixed in dry interior spaces, but are not strong enough for any space that has high humidity.
- Thy can resist direct contact with moisture
- These type of ceiling fans unlike the others, are designed with protective features that prevents the ceiling fan from environment and weather factors.
- Their installation is challenging
- Their motor consumes a lot of energy
These types ceiling fans are the best appropriate for extra huge rooms. They are designed with very heavy duty motors are more convenient for higher air delivery. Their blades are curved and lengthy for extremely higher ceilings.
- Certain kinds of these type of ceiling fans are highly reversible and can easily lift up air to hinder condensation around the ceiling.
- These fans can be mounted up to over to 20 feets high.
- The long curved blades render optimal air flow
- The motors of these ceiling fans are sealed hence preventing the reservation of dust and moisture.
- These fans are somewhat challenging to install.
- They cost price if higher compared to other types of ceiling fans
Contact Us :
52″ Ceiling Fan Super 188 Motor Ultra Silent Motor 5 ABS Blade 3 Speed Max Air Delivery Remote Control (Included) LED Watt: 18W Day/Warm/Cool White